KCMT Presents Alice in Wonderland in Spring 2020!
Lewis Carroll’s famous heroine comes to life in a delightful adaptation of the classic Disney film.
Please “Don’t be late!” for KCMT’s Spring production of Disney’s Alice in Wonderland! Travel down the rabbit hole and join Alice, one of literature’s most beloved heroines, in her madcap adventures. Featuring updated songs from Disney’s thrilling animated motion picture, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland JR. is a fast-paced take on the classic tale.
The ever-curious Alice’s journey begins innocently enough as she chases the White Rabbit. Her adventures become increasingly stranger as she races the Dodo Bird, gets tied up with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, raps with a bubble-blowing Caterpillar and beats the Queen of Hearts at her own game!
WANT TO BE IN OUR SHOW?
Please read through all the information here on our website about attendance policies, registration and audition details. Also, please check the online Rehearsal Calendar (fourth tab) for the REQUIRED Bootcamp dates that are part of the audition process.
For this show, during the audition process, we are dividing our Bootcamps into “talls” and “shorts” – which are defined as Talls=60 inches and ABOVE and Shorts=59 inches and BELOW. After casting, there will be multiple chorus groups – Sea Creatures, Oysters, Flowers, Dream People, Forest Creatures and Cards/Guards. It is important to attend the designated Bootcamp in order to learn the appropriate materials for your height. Once the show is cast, we will no longer use the “talls” and “shorts” designations.
Alice’s Cast of Characters is available HERE.
Audition & Callbacks Songs will be available by January 28. (Rehearsal CDs will be distributed at Registration Night.)
Audition Lines will be available by January 28.
TO REGISTER ONLINE
Registration will open on January 28, and all registration is handled online via “STUDIO DIRECTOR.” Please remember to bookmark this link as it also the place where you can order items from our online store, such as extra production shirts, cast photos and posters.
KCMT AGE REQUIREMENTS
- KCMT is open to performers eight (8) years of age (by the date of auditions) through 18 years of age.
- Under-aged siblings of KCMT veteran actors may register on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Auditions Manager for details.
All parents are encouraged to read our current KCMT Parent Handbook November 2018 for an in-depth review of all policies and expectations.
- Non-refundable Registration Fee = $35
- First Child = $200
- Each Additional Child = $150
Each tuition includes participant’s t-shirt, a printed copy of our full-color program, and a non-personalized DVD of your cast’s performance (available at the cast party).
For those who are in financial crisis, single-parent families, a parent in the military, a parent out of work, or a participating foster child. KCMT may be able to help offset PART of the tuition cost if funds are available. To apply, please follow this online
registration link and pay the $35 registration fee. Then download the KCMT Scholarship Request Form and follow the instructions for submitting your request as indicated.
- Withdrawing from the production within two weeks of audition day – Refunds will be granted, including tuition and volunteer deposits, minus the $35 registration fee.
- Withdrawing from the production once the third week of the show has started – NO Refunds will be granted, including all tuition.
- February 11, Required Registration Night and Audition Prep
- February 13 and 15, Auditions by Assignment
- February 17-22, Callbacks and Required Boot Camps (see the Rehearsal Calendar for details)
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for either cast, you must attend all three of the following:
- Required Registration Night
- Your Appointed Audition Time
- Every Callback you are called to attend
There will be absolutely no exceptions granted. Auditions are required and will be assigned by the audition manager – please keep BOTH dates available. Callbacks – attendance is required in order to be considered for a lead role. Actors must attend the callback(s) for any role(s) indicated by the director. If an actor misses a callback for a specific role, the actor will not be considered for that role. No exceptions.
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
Please check out KCMT tips HERE.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION NIGHT
During this required registration night, you will be taught and coached on the songs, lines and dance that you will perform for your audition. There are FOUR sessions to choose from and you can sign up for the one that works for your family when you register online. All registration is handled online via “STUDIO DIRECTOR” and should be completed before arriving. Please remember to bookmark this link as it also the place where you can order items from our online store, such as extra production shirts, cast photos and posters.
A parent or guardian must be present for Registration Night. Each session takes approximately an hour-and-a-half, and at the conclusion, you will receive your audition ticket which includes the date and time of your audition. If you have any questions or experience difficulty with registration, please email our Auditions Manager, Laura Callender.
- February 24-May 9, 2020
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:45 – 7 PM
- Fridays (dancers), 4:45 – 7 PM
- Saturdays, 10 AM – 6 PM
It is required to attend all scheduled rehearsals, with exceptions made for school activities and family emergencies. Missing rehearsals affects your child’s chorus partner, castmates and the overall quality of the show. If your child misses more than three (3) rehearsals, he or she will be placed on probation. You and your child will need to decide if missing rehearsal warrants placing your child in jeopardy of losing his/her part. Possible unwarranted absences would include birthday parties, sporting events and optional school events.
- All missed rehearsals—including already scheduled conflicts – must include a notification/reminder to the Attendance Manager via email 24 hours before the missed rehearsal; or in the case of illness, as soon as possible.
- It is requested that you provide a “stand-in” who will teach them what they have missed. If your child has been “double-cast,” they may arrange to learn what they have missed with their double.
- Rehearsal schedules are subject to change to make the most productive use of everyone’s time—However, there can and will be “down” times during rehearsals that cast members should expect.
- Cast members are required to participate in all of their group performances.
Please pick your child up on time after rehearsal. Actors should only be at KCMT (rehearsals and performances) only when they are scheduled. We are not equipped to watch children who are not actively involved in rehearsals/performances.
The Conflict Calendar plays an important role in casting a show. “Conflicts” that arise AFTER a show is cast are the same as “missing a rehearsal.” All KNOWN conflicts must be declared at registration. Absences that arise after the Conflict Calendar is submitted, must go through the Attendance Supervisor and could jeopardize your casting in the production. You can download a copy of the Conflict Calendar HERE. It will also be emailed to you when you complete your registration.
Production Weeks are the last two weeks on our rehearsal schedule. Absolutely no absences are allowed during production weeks. Leads are required not to participate in any overnight activities during production weeks. We require that you clear your child’s schedule of all outside activities during productions weeks. Extra activities during production weeks sap the energy from their performances. If at any time an actor or actress needs to be replaced due to unforeseen circumstances, permission and arrangements for their replacement MUST be coordinated through a Director.
Cast list will be posted approximately two weeks after the cast list is published.