Details for upcoming auditions can be found HERE!
Audition Songs, Lines & Dance
All will be taught at the Mandatory Registration Night. From the moment you begin the audition process, the Directors are observing your vocal range, intonation, character, technique and attitude.
- You will be allowed to sing one of the audition song songs of your choice
- You will be allowed to say one of the audition lines of your choice
The Proper "Look"
- No Hats
- Hair pulled back away from your face at all times
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can dance in
- Respectful attitude
- Sit quietly until it is your turn
- Be willing to try what is expected of you (remember, it is musical theatre – we ALL sing and we ALL dance)
- Do not leave the room until you are dismissed
- Do not enter a room while someone is performing
- Do not talk while someone is performing
- Never talk while a director is talking
- Do not roll your eyes at others
- Do not judge others
- Do not gossip
- Always be kind and gentle to everyone
WARM UP EVERY DAY! In order to protect and better yourself as you grow, you MUST warm-up your singing and dancing muscles properly before you workout! Do not neglect the importance of warming up before rehearsals and performances!
- Vowel formation
Practice in Front of a Mirror!
- Core strength
- Fluidity of movement