Details for upcoming auditions can be found HERE!
Audition Songs, Lines & Dance
All will be taught at the Mandatory Registration Night. From the moment you begin the audition process, the Directors are observing your vocal range, intonation, character, technique, attitude and just how “quick a study” you are.
- You will be allowed to sing one of the audition song songs of your choice
- You will be allowed to say one of the audition lines of your choice
The Proper "Look"
- No Hats
- Hair pulled back away from your face at all times
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can dance in
- Respectful attitude
- Sit quietly until it is your turn
- Be willing to try what is expected of you (remember, it is musical theatre – we ALL sing and we ALL dance)
- Do not leave the room until you are dismissed
- Do not enter a room while someone is performing
- Do not talk while someone is performing
- Never talk while a director is talking
- Do not roll your eyes at others
- Do not judge others
- Do not gossip
- Always be kind and gentle to everyone
WARM UP EVERY DAY! In order to protect and better yourself as you grow, you MUST warm-up your singing and dancing muscles properly before you workout! Do not neglect the importance of warming up before rehearsals and performances!
- Vowel formation
Practice in Front of a Mirror!
- Core strength
- Fluidity of movement