KCMT Presents Oliver! in November 2019
KCMT invites you to “Consider yourself at home” with classic musical based on Charles Dickens’ novel, . The Tony and Olivier Award-winning show is one of the few musicals to win an Academy Award for Best Picture and is widely hailed as a true theatrical masterpiece by actors and audience members alike.
The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft that he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver’s chances of discovering the true love of a family.
WANT TO BE IN OUR SHOW?
Check back August 1, when our Fall 2019 registration will open.
TO REGISTER ONLINE
All registration is handled online via “STUDIO DIRECTOR” – Please remember to bookmark this link as it also the place where you can order items from our online store, such as extra production shirts, cast photos and posters.
OLIVER! AGE REQUIREMENTS
- KCMT is open to performers eight (8) years of age (by the date of auditions) through 18 years of age.
- Under-aged siblings of KCMT veteran actors may register on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Auditions Manager for details.
All parents are encouraged to read our current KCMT Parent Handbook November 2018 for an in-depth review of all policies and expectations.
- Non-refundable Registration Fee = $35
- First Child = $180
- Each Additional Child = $130
Each tuition includes participant’s t-shirt and a non-personalized DVD of your cast’s performance (available at the cast party).
For those who are in financial crisis, single-parent families, a parent in the military, a parent out of work, or a participating foster child. KCMT may be able to help offset PART of the tuition cost if funds are available. To apply, please follow this online registration link and pay the $35 registration fee. Then download the KCMT Scholarship Request Form and follow the instructions for submitting your request as indicated.
- Withdrawing from the production within two weeks of audition day – Refunds will be granted, including tuition and volunteer deposits, minus the $35 registration fee.
- Withdrawing from the production once the third week of the show has started – NO Refunds will be granted, including all tuition.
- August 13, Mandatory Registration Night and Audition Prep
- August 15 and 17, Auditions by Assignment
- August 19-24, Callbacks
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for either cast, you must attend all three of the following:
- Mandatory Registration Night
- Your Appointed Audition Time
- Every Callback you are called to attend
There will be absolutely no exceptions granted. Auditions are mandatory and will be assigned by the audition manager – please keep BOTH dates available. Callbacks – attendance is mandatory in order to be considered for a lead role. Actors must attend the callback(s) for any role(s) indicated by the director. If an actor misses a callback for a specific role, the actor will not be considered for that role. No exceptions.
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION
Please check out KCMT tips HERE.
MANDATORY REGISTRATION NIGHT
During this required registration night, you will be taught and coached on the songs, lines and dance that you will perform for your audition. There are FOUR sessions to choose from and you can sign up for the one that works for your family when you register online. All registration is handled online via “STUDIO DIRECTOR” and should be completed before arriving. Please remember to bookmark this link as it also the place where you can order items from our online store, such as extra production shirts, cast photos and posters. A parent or guardian must be present for Registration Night. Each session takes approximately and hour-and-a-half, and at the conclusion, you will receive your audition ticket which includes the date and time of your audition. If you have any questions or experience difficulty with registration, please email our Auditions Manager, Laura Callender.
- August 20 – November 6, 2019
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5 – 7 PM
- Saturdays, 10 AM – 6 PM
Rehearsals are mandatory, with exceptions made for school activities and family emergencies. Missing rehearsal affects your child’s chorus partner, cast mates and the overall quality of the show. If your child misses more than three (3) rehearsals, he or she will be placed on probation. You and your child will need to decide if missing a rehearsal warrants placing your child in jeopardy of losing his/her part. Possible unwarranted absences would include birthday parties, sporting events and optional school events.
- All missed rehearsals—including already scheduled conflicts – must include a notification/reminder to the Attendance Manager via email 24 hours before the missed rehearsal; or in the case of illness, as soon as
- It is requested that you provide a “stand in” who will teach them what they have missed. If your child has been “double-cast,” they may arrange to learn what they have missed with their
- Rehearsal schedules are subject to change to make the most productive use of All cast members are required to participate in all of their group performances.
Please pick your child up on time after rehearsal. Actors should only be at KCMT (rehearsals and performances) only when they are scheduled. We are not equipped to watch children who are not actively involved in rehearsals/performances.
The Conflict Calendar plays an important role in casting a show. “Conflicts” that arise AFTER a show is cast are the same as “missing a rehearsal.” All KNOWN conflicts must be declared at registration. Absences that arise after the Conflict Calendar is submitted, must go through the Attendance Supervisor and could jeopardize your casting in the production
Production Weeks are the last two weeks on our rehearsal schedule. Absolutely no absences are allowed during production weeks. Leads are required not to participate in any overnight activities during production weeks. We require that you clear your child’s schedule of all outside activities during productions weeks. Extra activities during production weeks sap the energy from their performances. If at any time an actor or actress needs to be replaced due to unforeseen circumstances, permission and arrangements for their replacement MUST be coordinated through a Director.
The cast list will be posted approximately September 1, 2019